PROFESSOR SAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
Any quality solar energy installer understands that you are contemplating a big investment. Feel comfortable with your solar power expert, you should like them. Do not get caught up in a one size fits all approach. Everyone has different needs and goals. Be wary of general trades people who claim to be qualified solar panel installers. Ask for training credentials and or proof of experience. This type of work is best left to professionals. Product performance and warranties will be directly related to proper installation.
Things to ask:
- Are there shade issues? (you would be surprised at some of the places panels have been installed).
- How your roof is suited for solar when compared to ideal conditions? (pitch & azimuth)
- Will your utility have any issues with interconnection?
- If panels are going on the roof, are there structural concerns?
- Do you currently use a 3rd party energy provider? How will this affect Net Metering?
- Does the quote account for all electrical work needed?
- What is the installation warranty?
- Will rebate assistance be provided?
- What happens in the event of a system failure?
- How do I know if the system is working properly?
This list can go on and on. Independence Renewable Energy works diligently to ensure we are giving our clients the latest and greatest information. Ask us questions, we enjoy sharing information that allows people to be comfortable with their solar power decision.
Northern Illinois’ choice for solar installations